Sunday, June 13, 2010

Glimpse of our living room,,,

This is a picture of a room but it is a story about friends.  Kathleen was my friend in art, and friend of my heart.  When she died suddenly and so unexpectedly, my heart broke and nothing seemed important.  With the help and support and prayers of friends,  I was able to move and get through daily routine until enough strength was garnered to look past myself and past my grievous loss.   Another friend, Sue, stepped in and we started a project together of organizing my home.  We worked hours and she was so good about not throwing anything away, yet letting me know that if I was going to keep things, I needed to have a place for them, an accessible place.  Kathleen and I had worked on several large fun art projects together and with Sue's help I incorporated them onto the walls of my home.  Truly my home is not a house staged properly for selling; it is more a comfort zone, with work/play areas throughout.  Again, this is a picture of a room, but it is a story about friends.  I miss Kathlleen every day, and I am so thankful for Sue.  I am so thankful to God for friends!

4 comments:

  1. Your house is looking great, good work! Friends are truly a blessing, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mermaid 'ROCKS THE BOAT!'...she is gorgeous.
    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh Nadine! This is amazing! I can't wait to see it in person. Thank God for Sue...I know she has helped you to get organized and this is a wonderful tribute to Kathleen. I can just hear her saying "way to go sweetie" . She is smiling at your progress everyday.

    Hugs and God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew your blogs were meant to be. Your words are from the heart, and will touch many lives with encouragement and hope . Love the living room, but I never saw the before.
    Hugs always!!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment "Play Nice"