Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Still remembering...

Several times a week my husband and I walk on the boardwalk, downtown Coos Bay.  He was in the Coast Guard when he was a young man long before he became a teacher.  When he signed up, he was a boy who had never been far from home, a small town near Oregon's capital.  He served, came home, married the mother of his four children and graduated from college, becoming a history and English teacher to junior high youth.  I didn't meet him until after he retired, having raised two children myself.  I never served in the military, but I have great respect for those who have and who are currently serving our country.  In a world full of uncertainties, I am thankful for all the servicewomen and men who are faithful to the positive foundation of our country and I am thankful for God's mercy and grace for those servicewomen and men who did not return home to their families and loved ones.  I salute in admiration.  (Flag photo was taken this week on our traditional boardwalk walk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment "Play Nice"